Twin Lakes Community is committed to the health and well-being of our entire community extending well beyond our campus. Each year Twin Lakes commits more than $1.5 million in charitable care and community benefit through monetary gifts and volunteer service from our staff, residents and organization.
Twin Lakes matches gifts made by staff and board members to local approved charitable organizations. Additionally, staff members are encouraged to serve on local non-profit boards and to volunteer their time to serve others.
Annually Twin Lakes Community hosts a Lanes of Light Christmas light drive through collecting more than 25 tons of food for hungry members of our community. Since inception, this event has collected more than 240 tons of food.
A sample but not exhaustive list of organizations we support in a meaningful way are:
Alamance Community College
Alamance County Meals on Wheels
Allied Churches of Alamance County
Dementia Alliance of North Carolina
Burlington Housing Authority
Town of Elon Fire Department
Habitat for Humanity of Alamance County
Lutheran Services in America
Salvation Army of Alamance County
Please contact Laura McDaniel, Director of Resident and Community Resources, 336.538.1536 or email@example.com, to inquire about opportunities for funding or collaboration.
Twin Lakes Community began as a legacy of the family of Wade and Agnes Coble. As members of Macedonia Evangelical Lutheran Church, the Cobles left a bequest of $3.5 million to the church to establish health services for the elderly in Alamance County. As Twin Lakes has grown our mission and vision have stayed the same: to provide excellent and compassionate service.
As a non-profit organization Twin Lakes Community depends on charitable donations to enhance its current offerings, improve programs and services and support fellow residents in need. Twin Lakes has been blessed with generous support through the years from residents, families, board members, staff and community members.
The following options are available to support Twin Lakes:
- Resident Assistance Fund – provides on-going financial support for residents that have outlived their resources
- Resident Assistance Endowment Fund – endowed fund providing on-going financial support for residents that have outlived their resources
- Coble Creek, Deacon Pointe and Moneta Springs Funds - provides funding for these individual facilities offering specialized programs for those residents
- Employee Assistance Fund – provides financial support for employees of Twin Lakes experiencing hardship resulting from an unexpected event
- Arts Programming Fund - advance the arts in our community through programming, activities and displays of original artwork to our residents and across our campus
- Chapel Fund - funding to serve the pastoral care and spiritual needs of Twin Lakes residents and their families
Every gift to Twin Lakes is meaningful and deeply appreciated. Gifts to Twin Lakes Community should be made payable to Twin Lakes Community and mailed to:
3701 Wade Coble Drive
Burlington, NC 27215
To make a secure donation online you may click the Donate Now button:
Volunteer at Twin Lakes Community
Twin Lakes residents volunteer in countless ways both on our campus and throughout the broader community. But, many opportunities exist for those outside Twin Lakes Community to volunteer in numerous capacities on our campus. If you would like to donate your time or talents at our community or partner with our organization please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Katie Gantos, 336-585-2351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.