JOB DESCRIPTION – Residential Assistant - Part Time
JOB TITLE: Residential Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living
REPORTS TO: Independent Living Administrator
HOURS: Weekends 3rd shift 11pm - 7am
Every weekend or Every other weekend
Responsible for monitoring the Quality of Life of the residents and the facilities associated with the Assisted Living Facility. Must be Certified NA I by the Department of Facility Services of the State of North Carolina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and provide, as required, general care and services to the residents.
- Service may include, but are not limited to; Housekeeping, Laundry, Dietary, Activities, and Nursing.
- Monitor the comings and goings of residents, visitors, and staff to the facility and provide information as required.
- Coordinate work activities of other Assisted Living staff members. This will include contacting replacements for “Call Outs”.
- Assist with transportation of residents within the building and between buildings. May act as a companion for off campus travel, if required.
- Provide personal care or services as contracted by the resident or the resident’s family in conjunction with or in the absence of the Special Cares CNA.
- Reports all unusual conditions, behaviors, and/or resident reactions to the appropriate Licensed or Management personnel in a timely manner.
- Responds and reacts in a kind, polite, and professional manner to residents, families, visitors, coworkers, and supervision.
- Responsible for protecting any confidential information concerning residents, family, and/or the organization.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to all Safety procedures and facility Fire, Disaster, and Bomb Threat procedures.
- Adheres to all organizational, departmental, and nursing procedures in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Must attend organizational or departmental conferences and/or inservices as scheduled.
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements
Specific Requirements: Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant it. Be able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner. Must be able to manage time; work on multiple tasks, and work on projects.