JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Maintenance
SHIFT: 1st shift
HOURS: 8am - 4:00pm with a weekend rotation every 8 weeks
A position of great responsibility with the Maintenance team at Twin Lakes Community ensuring the mission, vision, and values are supported through all services. This position offers the opportunity to join a dynamic, progressive team of professionals engaged in serving older adults on the campus of a beautiful nonprofit retirement community where we celebrate the dignity of the individual and the progression of life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and cleaning of buildings and grounds that includes light plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, floor care, carpentry, construction, mechanical, small engine work, painting and plastering using a variety of tools and equipment.
- Experience in HVAC, lighting, and minor electrical issues.
- Performs door hardware repairs and maintenance.
- Performs maintenance duties on facility appliances and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining records and documents for facilities.
- Responsible for reviewing and distributing work orders among the team.
- May preform painting and repair of a variety of facilities.
- Will be required to set up and take down furniture for meetings and other gatherings
- Reports all unusual conditions, behaviors, and/or resident reactions to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Responds and reacts in a kind, polite, and professional manner to residents, families, visitors, coworkers, and supervision.
- Responsible for protecting any confidential information concerning residents, family, and/or the organization.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to all Safety procedures and facility Fire, Disaster, and Bomb Threat procedures.
- Adheres to all organizational, departmental, and maintenance procedures in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Must attend organizational or departmental conferences and/or in-services as scheduled.
- Able to work On Call scheduled hours and weekends as required.
- Must provide own hand tools and cordless drill set.
May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements