JOB TITLE: RN
DEPARTMENT: Home Care
SHIFTS: 1st shift
Job Status: PRN - 2 days per week (8:30 - 4:30)
REPORTS TO: Home Care Director
Responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care and services to the residents of Twin Lakes Community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining RN licensure.
- Responsible for providing QA for the Health Care Agency.
- Open clients to Home Care Services by completing evaluations.
- Creating and modifying Plans of Care as needed.
- Responsible for initiation and implementation of comprehensive nursing care to the residents in Home Care. May be required to provide nursing care and/or services to Independent and Assisted Living residents.
- Responds to or provides follow up on Emergency Calls if needed.
- Administers medications and treatments according to written physician’s orders, policies, procedures and care plans.
- Monitors, observes and accurately records nursing care and services provided to the resident and the resident’s response to same.
- Is knowledgeable in and complies with infection control procedures. Initiates precautionary or isolation infection control procedures when appropriate and reports these measures to supervision.
- Monitors accuracy and completeness of physician’s orders and the notification of physicians regarding changes in residents’ conditions.
- Provides counseling to residents’ families as needed and refers specific problems to the appropriate TLC employees as necessary.
- Completes all necessary documentation on residents and ensures all proper documentation is either sent or retrieved if resident moves from one level of care to another.
- Oversees and is responsible for care and services provided by CNA’s and assists with scheduling.
- Inform supervisor and nurses in the appropriate level of care of any changes or concerns with client functioning, health, and overall well-being.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-3 years experience in Home Care or Hospice experience desired.