Job Title: Water Aerobics Instructor
Reports to: Wellness Director
Type of Employment: Independent Contractor
Hours: M, W, F 9:30 - 10:30am the opportunity to pick up additional classes.
Responsible for providing water aerobics instruction, monitoring, educating residents in a senior living facility on fitness and safety, and maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles.
- Knowledge of water aerobics teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time; provides adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool down.
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepares appropriate equipment, music, and handouts for each class.
- Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Keeps management informed of pool activities, facility needs, and significant problems.
- Ensures that safety standards are met and that adhere to department and facility policies.
- Keeps strict attendance records.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and motivate class participants.
- Cooperates and works well with other staff members.
- Other Assigned Duties:
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- One-year fitness instructor work experience (senior fitness preferred)
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- Must possess current Red Cross CPR certification.
- Must possess current Red Cross Standard First Aid certification.
- Certified Instructor (AEA, ACE, AFAA), water specialty/certification preferred.
- Must carry Group Instruction or Personal Training liability insurance if working as an independent contractor.