JOB TITLE: Security Officer - 1st shift
REPORTS TO: Security Director
DAYS & HOURS: 6:45am - 2:45pm Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
Responsible for providing security services for the campus of Twin Lakes Community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Welcome Center attendant log of arrivals and departures of commercial and private vehicles
- Will patrol the campus by vehicle and on foot to observe the comings and goings of vehicles and individuals.
- Will check a variety of the many buildings on campus to insure they are secured at designated times, remain secured and opened at designated times.
- Will complete security reports as to any occurrence which they deem as out of the ordinary and make those reports available to the appropriate individuals.
- Will respond to and/or accompany nursing personnel responding to any emergency medical situation.
- Will position themselves so as to direct emergency vehicles and other traffic which may be responding to medical, fire, disaster or other emergencies.
- Will aid in the evacuation of residents and/or staff in emergency situations. May be required to use fire fighting equipment to contain localized fire emergencies.
- Reports all unusual conditions, behaviors, and/or resident reactions to the appropriate Licensed personnel in a timely manner.
- Responds and reacts in a kind, polite, and professional manner to residents, families, visitors, coworkers, and supervision.
- Responsible for protecting any confidential information concerning residents, family, and/or the organization.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to all Safety procedures and facility Fire, Disaster, and Bomb Threat procedures.
- Adheres to all organizational, departmental, and nursing procedures in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Must attend organizational or departmental conferences, meetings and/or in-services as scheduled.
- Will communicate effectively with management on any welcome center issues
- Will monitor the Closed Caption Television (CCTV) equipment and advise management of any occurrences
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant it.
- Able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
- Able to manage time, multiple tasks, and projects.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license and be insurable by the Twin Lakes Community Carrier.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- 5+ years of law enforcement or extensive security background required