JOB TITLE: Housekeeping
REPORTS TO: Environmental Services Director
SHIFT: Weekend only - 10:30am - 6:30pm
This person would fill in housekeeping shifts as needed and would therefore be cross-trained in all levels of care.
Housekeeping Job Duties:
- Provide general cleaning and waste removal in resident rooms and all common areas daily.
- Maintain care and use of supplies and equipment; make regular inspections of building areas.
- As required, provide services in the Laundry area.
- Report all unusual conditions, behaviors, and/or resident concerns to the appropriate Management/Supervisory staff in a timely manner.
- Respond and react in a kind, polite, and professional manner with residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and supervisors.
- May be required to work independently or assist others in the cleaning of other facilities or residences of the organization.
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, reach and move intermittently during work.
- Performance of job duties subject to frequent interruptions.
- Regularly communicate with supervisor and other staff, volunteers, family members and guests.
- Possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that enable these senses to meet the responsibilities of the job.
- Able to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., up to 25 pounds and transport up to 250 pounds with assistive device.
- May be required to adjust scheduled time or work beyond normal hours for planned activities/events and emergencies.
- May be exposed to odors from cleaning supplies, equipment, and /or waste