JOB TITLE: Kitchen Aide / Dietary Aide
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORTS TO: Food Service Director
HOURS: 10am - 7pm or 4-8pm with alternating weekends (part time position)
Candidate must be able to work weekdays, every other weekend, and holidays.
Responsible for preforming a variety of duties in the Dietary Department to ensure the area is kept clean and all services are accomplished in a customer friendly environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Emptying trays, soaking dishes, utensils, and running dishes through dish machine. Removal of trash from kitchen. Set up and wash pots and pans.
- Making tea and coffee, cleaning coffee machines in Healthcare.
- Working on tray line, setting up the trays with utensils, napkins, condiments, read and call out the diet cards, some bending over for tray and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Putting plates, desserts, and drink on tray then put on cart; some bending is required as well.
- Cleaning area and putting away milk, juice, empty tea urns and cleaning.
- Getting trays and trash from floor, help washing dishes, trays, and sweep and help with mopping floor, must be able to lift trash cans.
- Reporing all unusual conditions, behaviors, and/or resident reactions to the appropriate licensed personnel in a timely manner.
- Adhering to all organizational, departmental, and nursing procedures in the performance of position responsibilities.
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements.
- Support the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of Lutheran Retirement Ministries of Alamance County, North Carolina and adhere to its Code of Conduct.
- Be knowledgeable of resident rights and ensure an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
- Support and adhere to specific procedures and programs for:
- Safety, including standard precautions, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management and security; report unsafe working conditions, equipment repair, and maintenance needs.
- Confidentiality of all resident, employee, and operational data.
- Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements. Compliance with current law and Twin Lakes policy to provide a work environment free from harassment and illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Support and participate in common teamwork.
- Cooperate with co-workers, other departments, and supervisors; be willing to assist others when needed.
- Complete job duties accurately, with minimal supervision, and in a timely manner; be inquisitive and offer suggestions;
- Demonstrate good judgment when making decisions; listen to the opinions of others and work to find the best solutions. Use tactful and appropriate communications in all situations.
- Adhere to attendance policies, including clocking in/out for meals times, following allotted break schedule, and seeking prior supervisor approval for time off and overtime.
- Attend required in-service/Blitz/training sessions; adhere to Twin Lakes policies.
- Bring positive attitude to work each day; follow instructions and interact in positive manner with team members; demonstrate friendly, harmonious demeanor to everyone.
- Willing to assist supervisor/team with a variety of tasks/special projects that support department operations; look for opportunities to exceed expectations and provide an excellent experience for our residents, family members, guests, and co-workers.
- Agrees to abide by Employment and Confidentiality Agreements and End User Policies
- Commits to stay up-to-date on training requirements for HIPAA
- Understands the importance of the proper handling and disposal of ePHI and agrees to follow HIPAA regulations