Twin Lakes Community is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community and leader in the senior services industry. We are seeking a team member for our community who can support the mission, vision and core values of a dynamic, faith based organization.
Job Title: ADON / Assistant Director of Nursing
Department: Coble Creek Healthcare and Rehabilitation
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Assists the Director of Nursing with collection of assessment data, quality assurance and performance improvement projects, administrative paperwork and other duties as delegated by the D.O.N. Will be required to assume on-call responsibilities with the D.O.N. Is responsible for the provision and monitoring of high quality nursing care within scope of practice. The A.D.O.N. coordinates and supervises nursing personnel to deliver nursing care which will ensure that resident’s needs are met in accordance with the professional standards of practice through physician orders, community policies and procedures, and federal, state and local regulations and established nursing best practices. Responsible for resident services and other duties as assigned. Reports to Director of Nursing and Administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining own RN licensure and assist in the verification of all appropriate licenses and certifications for each nursing department employee.
- Ensures Twin Lakes Community’s standards of care, as well as with all clinical operations for Coble Creek are in compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, North Carolina’s Nurse Practice Act, and professional standards of nursing care while honoring person-centered and resident-directed care.
- Keeps abreast of current state and federal regulations, professional standards and best practices in nursing care.
- Ensures all educations and in-service programs are communicated to and attended by Nursing staff.
- Assures regulatory compliance by overseeing appropriate record keeping and charting in all Neighborhoods and by maintaining appropriate files to document compliance (such as documentation to show trends, historical data, demographics, etc.).
- Develops policies and procedures for clinical practices and neighborhood management that support the values of person-centered and resident-directed care, and ensures safe, sanitary and efficient practices supporting professional standards of nursing care.
- Performs clinical assessments and monitors the quality of delegated assessments and clinical nursing functions.
- Assists with Admissions.
- Drives QAPI (Quality Assurance Performance Improvement); a systematic, comprehensive, data-driven, proactive approach to performance management and improvement.
- Ensures initial assessment of resident’s needs, care plan development, and quarterly follow-up assessments are accomplished by taking an active role in the development and implementation of meaningful care plans designed both to meet the individual needs of each resident and to maximize the quality of life of each resident.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Medical Director, Pharmacy Provider and Therapy Provider in support of quality clinical care in the neighborhoods.
- Assures that resident rights are honored, including the right to refuse or individualize treatment, and monitors staff’s response to resident concerns.
- Ensures proper orientation, training, clinical competency testing of nursing staff in a manner supportive of team and professional standards of practice, and adequate to support quality outcomes and ensure policies/procedures are followed.
- Participates in the annual budget process and supports organizational fiscal viability through efficient and effective use of all resources of the organization, including maintaining clinical staffing and supply budgets within planned expenditures; maintaining staffing patterns consistent with the philosophy, objectives and availability of resources.
- Maintains relationships through collaboration and team work with other departments and in particular with nursing staff from other departments.
- May represent Twin Lakes by participating in public relations activities with community agencies.May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of three to five years of work experience in supervision and administration required.
- Must have experience working in Skilled Nursing environment.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- Must have valid North Carolina RN License
Excellent compensation and benefits package includes competitive wages, medical coverage, dental plan, vision plan, life insurance/AD&D short-term and long term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation, tuition assistance, 401(k) and more.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.twinlakescomm.org. Applicants are required to complete an application and the applicant's statement. Both documents can be downloaded from our Careers page. Please email or fax (336-538-1504) your resume, application and applicant's statement to Twin Lakes Community.