JOB TITLE: Chef and Assistant Chef
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORTS TO: Food Service Director
Responsible for working with Administrator and FSD, or AFSD to develop menus for residents, supervising food services staff, following menus and recipes to cook all meals, preparing food for parties, celebrations and special occasions, and adhering to all health department rules. In carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position, the Chef and Assistant Chef must exercise creativity and ensure that food is delicious, appetizing and visually appealing. In this position, will work both as a Chef and Assistant Chef.
Hours: 5:30am - 2:00pm and 6:00am - 2:30pm. Must be willing to work every other weekend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers all foods needed for meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner to follow recipes for that meal and menu.
- Plates food in an attractive manner
- Cleans all equipment used in the preparation of the meals.
- Reports all resident concerns that cannot be handled by the Chef to FSD/AFSD
- Responds and reacts in a kind, polite, and professional manner to residents, families, visitors, and co-workers.
- Protects any confidential information concerning residents, family, and/or the organization.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork
- Cooperates with co-workers, other departments, and supervisors; is willing to assist others when needed, such as planning activities, parties, dinners.
- Completes job duties accurately, with minimal supervision, and in a timely manner; is inquisitive and offers suggestions;
- Demonstrates good judgment when making decisions; listens to the opinions of others and works to find the best solutions.
- Uses tactful and appropriate communications in all situations.
- Adheres to attendance
- Brings positive attitude to work each day; follows instructions and interacts in positive manner with team members; demonstrates friendly, harmonious demeanor to everyone.
- Assists supervisor/team with a variety of tasks/special projects that support department operations; looks for opportunities to exceed expectations and provide an excellent experience for our residents, family members, guests, and co-workers.
- Performs such other duties in keeping with the nature of this position as may be requested or required from time to time.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, reach and move intermittently during work.
- Able to Perform job duties during periods of frequent interruptions.
- Regularly communicates with supervisor and other staff, volunteers, family members and guests.
- Possesses sight/hearing senses, or uses prosthetics that enable these senses to meet the responsibilities of the job.
- Able to operate various types of cleaning equipment safely and properly.
- Able to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc., up to 50 pounds and transport up to 250 pounds with assistive device.
- May be required to adjust scheduled time or work beyond normal hours for planned activities/events and emergencies.
- May be exposed to odors from cleaning supplies, chemicals, equipment, and /or waste.
- Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant it.
- Follows departmental uniform policy, which includes wearing a chef jacket, black pants, hair restraint, non-slip shoes, no jewelry other than wedding band.
- Able to manage time, multiple tasks, and projects.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Culinary experience of 2-5 years in restaurant, country club type setting
- Culinary education required. Culinary degree preferred.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- Serv Safe Certificate is required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 /hour