JOB TITLE: Registered Dietician
REPORTS TO: Food Service Director
Under general supervision is responsible for providing optimal nutritional care to patients,
and the standards of care in the dietetic profession. Responsible for the medical nutrition therapy
of patient/residents; nutritional assessment, nutrition care plans, patient visitation,
inpatient/outpatient diet counseling, consults regarding advance nutrition
support, as well as assist in other areas related to the food and nutrition.
- Works with Food Service Director on menu planning and extensions for liberalized diets, and a person-centered/resident–directed practice.
- Responsible for Clinical assessments in health care facility and memory care facility, integrates nutrition therapy into care plans.
- Works closely with nursing on wound care and weights.
- Responsible for pertinent documentation of nutrition related interventions and observations. Adherence to MDS and CMS protocol for documentation.
- Knowable of state and federal survey process.
- Responsible for completing MDS and CAA’s as well as care plans for each resident. Information must be thorough and updated regularly.
- Meets with care plan team, resident and family members weekly
- Collaborates with physician and nursing to deliver quality nutrition care.
- Instructs outpatient, teaches classes and conducts in-services, as required.
- Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in long term care.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition/Dietetics required.
- R.D. (Registered Dietitian) certification required.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00am - 4:30
- Flexibility required during state surveys