Description of the position:
Responsible for organizing and coordinating the religious life and services for Lutheran Retirement Ministries (LRM) of Alamance County.
With a 210-acre campus, Twin Lakes is home to more than 1000 residents and staff, and is a mission-driven organization dedicated to enriching the lives of all members of our community.
- Hold a Degree (M.A., Th. M., M. Div) from a Graduate Theological School accredited by ATS (Assoc. of Theological Schools) or show equivalent experience.
- Be ordained/authorized by their religious community
- Have training in chaplaincy or a minimum of 3-5 experience
- Demonstrate interest and commitment to work with a diverse senior population
- Have strong self-awareness and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work in a team oriented setting
- Be willing to work a varied schedule
- Understand and practice confidentiality
Essential Job Duties:
- Work under the direction of the Sr. Director of Pastoral Services in a mutually respectful setting
- Lead worship as agreed upon with the Director
- Share in considerable pastoral visitation in hospitals, healthcare, homes, and other settings as the need arises.
- Share in the design and implementation of small groups for growth, support, educational, and other purposes
- Assist in the administration of the Department
- Participate in regular personal and professional development
- Have time to participate in denominational activities
- Look for creative ways to enhance the program of the department
- Be available for one on one sessions as requested by staff, residents, families, or other clients