Hours: Full time
Responsible for coordinating private duty sector of Twin Lakes Community, scheduling and supervising Certified Nursing Assistants for one-on-one care, assessing and developing care plans for Home Care clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for oversight of Home Care Agency.
- Perform initial and periodic assessment of needs and development of care plan for Home Care clients. Coordinate care needs with residents, families, outside agencies, physicians and staff. Conduct family conferences as needed.
- Communicate any resident concerns or change in status to the appropriate administrator and families.
- Schedule staff hours as needed to provide needed care, with assistance from Home Care Scheduler. Assist and review schedules as needed.
- Supervise Home Care Agency staff:
- Participate in hiring, counseling, disciplining, and termination of employees.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Responsible for employee time sheets and resident billing sheets.
- Responsible for departmental orientation and training.
- Assess competencies of home care aides, and maintain appropriate employee records.
- Maintain service records for each client.
- Participate in various weekly meetings to provide input on current campus needs/concerns. Communicate any resident concerns or change in status and make appropriate recommendations.
- Attend all departmental meetings and serve on various committees as needed.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for aides, and bill clients when appropriate.
- Participate in annual budget process.
- Develop and routinely conduct satisfaction surveys.
- Develop and oversee program evaluation and quality assurance, including chart audit and review.
- Participate in public relations activities with community agencies (community education, health fairs, and senior groups).
- Provide resident/staff education as needed through TLC communication channels (newsletter, phone tree, BLITZ, etc.)
- Provide support and encouragement to residents and families as needed with client transfers to higher levels of care.
- Promote wellness on and off the Twin Lakes campus through educational events and training sessions.
- Participate as part of a nursing system, providing coverage to IL, AL and Home Care residents. Coordination, cooperation and communication with other nurses are required. Should be knowledgeable of the duties and occasionally provide coverage for other members of the nursing system.
- Act as Emergency Responder at special events (in rotation with other IL/AL nurses).
- Other RN duties which may not be specifically stated.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions.
- Able to read, write and speak English in an understandable manner.
- Able to manage time, multiple tasks, and projects.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to listen, empathize, and counsel residents and families during difficult life experiences.
- Possess excellent supervisory skills to build, train, and support the Home Care Agency team.
- Possess good clerical and administrative skills, and knowledge/proficiency in clinical documentation.
- Willing and able to regularly communicate with supervisor and other staff, volunteers, family members, and guests.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Nursing desired.
- 3-5 years experience in providing nursing services to elders desired.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- Registered Nurse license required.
- CPR certified