JOB TITLE: Groundskeeper/Lead DEPARTMENT: Landscaping & Grounds
REPORTS TO: Director of Landscaping & Grounds
Responsible for using a variety of tools and equipment to maintain the grounds of the Twin Lakes campus. Duties include, but are not limited to, planting, cultivating, spraying, pruning, and cutting plants, trees, shrubs, grass, and flower. Will also provide direction and leadership to other groundskeepers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs ground maintenance duties, using mowers or a tractor equipped with attachments, such as; mowers, lime or fertilizer spreaders, lawn roller, aerator, and snow removal equipment.
- Sprays lawns, plants, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and pesticides, suing hand and/or automatic spraying equipment.
- Waters and maintains established flower beds and garden areas. Also, maintains the automatic irrigation system for the campus.
- Uses edging and blowing equipment to maintain specified areas and keep same clean.
- Responsible for painting and maintaining street and informational signs on campus.
- Makes minor repairs to the equipment used and keeps tools sharpened and clean.
- Tracks annual equipment repair cost to analyze operating cost and replacement and plan preventative maintenance.
- Provides training and direction to other grounds employees
- Reports all unusual conditions, behaviors, and/or resident reactions to the appropriate Licensed personnel in a timely manner.
- Responds and reacts in a kind, polite, and professional manner to residents, families, visitors, coworkers, and supervision.
- Responsible for protecting any confidential information concerning residents, family, and/or the organization.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to all Safety procedures and facility Fire, Disaster, and Bomb Threat procedures.
- Adheres to all organizational, departmental, and nursing procedures in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Must attend organizational or departmental conferences and/or in-services as scheduled.
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements